Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Can or Cannot

My new dig from behind my desk. The discussion table, my vital green tea mug (never say coffee or the good doctor will punish me), my biscuit tin (over the months everything from kuih raya to local biscuits have been in there) and my monitor can be seen. The blinds behind the table is hiding a very busy main road across a parking lot.

From behind the discussion table. Photos of the family behind me. Years ago Sofia asked me if I have her picture at the office. Yes I do, my dear, of your Mama, Along and you. They are now putting a dark tint plastic layer on the glass to the left of the photo, behind the blinds, that is why it is in a mess, it is still unfinished. The desk should be more to the left, pretty much against the blinds. I need a coat hanger - my jacket, which is partly visible as a dark triangle on the right of the photo, is hanging on a pool cue.
.

Because of the wall of fire @ firewall at the office, I have not been able to update my blog but lo and behold, today can one.....

Many things have happened since I last wrote. I moved into my new office from my temporary new office at the new building. I got a "corner lot", with glass on two sides but that comes with a setback - the morning sun is too bright (even though it's cold outside) that I have to resort to covering one side of the glass walls with black cardboard paper. That is my to do list. A room about 4 times the size of the previous one, a big desk and cabinets to put all my stuff on and in and a big table with 4 chairs. Plus the 2 chairs in front of my desk and my own chair, that makes 7 sit-downs and I could hold meetings/discussions/pow wows here all the time. Done that. Things could be good at times. Gawd..... this here new office building is mucho mucho mucho better than the old one......

The weather has been playing the bloody fool with us. Only snowed twice so far but so thin. Like none at all. It's kinda of chilly in the morning and it gets to about cool by noon and late afternoon. But then just like an ice cream, when you think that you have it licked, it drips all over you. Bring warm clothing whenever you go out. The last thing you need is to be caught outside with no warm clothing. It freeze severy part of your body, especially that. Of course it's the fingers or nose or ears, what did you think I was implying?

Spoke with Lina daily and Nazzim is home for the Chinese New Year. the house is nearly full again. Nearly. From my daily pow wows with Da Boss, I'd probably get a trip home come 20 February. Do I dare to ask for 10 days worth of leave (which translates to a 2-week period at home)? It depends if he is here or otherwise. Ah well, nicer things have happened and it could happen too you know?

Many happenings here, a few maybe worth writing about. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. That will be about Sofia and that school in Seremban, yes, that all girls school in Seremban and the night me and my posse cooked beef curry for a bunch of VIP's who came here when we simply had to have some Malaysian food for them. That might be good.

Like I said, hope I can access this here place and update this here place once in a wee while. Later world.....

.