Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Another Day

.

It has started to snow today, the first snow this year. The weather is so unpredictable. It would be cold for a few days and then it would heat up again.

It was a typical weekend day for me. I went out for dinner last night, then for a few drinks with some of the guys and I arrived home just after 1 am. The book I am reading now kept me awake until about 2.30 am before I decided that I’d better sleep lest I’d waste away the daylight hours today. I woke up at 8 am for solat subuh, the sun does not come up until 8.22 am, went back to sleep and woke up again at 11 am famished. I cooked some rice and Lina’s ikan bilis goreng berlada never tasted so good.

While eating, I got a call about an accident offshore and we have to evacuate someone from the rig. There goes our statistics this year. I just needed to know that the injury was not life threatening – and it wasn’t, ten stitches and some bumps and bruises. Made sure all who needs to know does know about it and went about setting up the investigation team. They’ll go today – a holiday here (Memorial Day) and too bad it will screw up someone’s weekend. I knew that when I saw the drilling manager’s name on the call ID, it wasn’t going to be good news. Not at noon. If it is a few hours before noon, it could be an invitation to lunch. Had it been a few hours before dark, it could be an invitation to dinner but not during lunch time and dinner time. Which means, I have to eat my own cooking!!

Spoke with Lina as usual whenever I am in the office. What else, about the childrenlah. And oh, my niece Aina delivered her first child, a daughter on Hari Asyura. That is my sixth grand niece/nephew. She’ll be sharing her birthday with Sofia, who was born on that day too. Nazzim was born on Awal Muharram. I have to find out what day I was born according to the Muslim calendar. Lupa weh….

I think I’ll go home now and conjure up some ayam masak lemak cili api……

.