Thursday, October 16, 2008

F.R.A.N.C.E.

.

A friend, Meor, left us today for another job somewhere else. He’s left to join his family and greener pastures and certainly better futures. I am glad for him and his family.

But I lost a good friend. He was well on his way to becoming a better friend, just like another friend I wrote about a while back. I have known him less than a year and sometimes thinking about it, it seemed unfair that such a good person could just move away and be gone just like that. I have lost a friend who started us to take up cycling here. I have lost a friend who said that I prompted him to cook when I invited him over for a meal or two earlier this year. I have no clue why but I guess any home cooked meal is better than most of the meals that we can find in the restaurants here. He is the only person who eats cili api with hotdogs, baked beans and fried eggs for breakfast.

“Wei, aku pun suka makan cili api tapi taklah dengan American breakfast!!!”

Now when we say ”Mior”, we mean the only “Mior” left here, for when “Meor” was here too, we’d have to say “Mior I” or “Meor E” as there were two similar sounding names. Now we don’t have to bother anymore for we know that we will be talking about “Mior I” only. We can drop the “I” now, for there’s no “Meor E” anymore.

His parting words before he left Aziz and me was, “Too bad I didn’t meet you guys earlier”.

Yes, too bad since, I got a friend here back after a year, only to lose another one to a brighter future.

You win some, you lose some.

I need a new friend.

.