Friday, September 26, 2008

Balik Kampung and Sentuhan Kasih

.

I left a comment on my buddy's blog (http://www.klazz@blogspot.com/) about a commercial on TV about Hari Raya.

Hari Raya Aidil Fitri is just around the corner and I will be going home today, Friday, 26 September 2008. Now is the time to savour the last few hours of being here and fasting here. I have always written that I was deprived of balik kampung, the Malaysian phnomenon that is, for Hari Raya in my younger days. Now, nah ambik, balik kampung kena terbang sampai sampai berbelas jam…….

Well, as I commented on my buddy's blog, it is exactly 8.10 am Friday morning where I am at and I have a 7.10 pm flight home to catch. Another 11 hours. I have got all my bags with me here at the office. Exactly 17 hours later I will be landing at KLIA. I know the meaning of balik kampung for Hari Raya now. In the commercial, it was about a mother and her son, who came home for Hari Raya. I will go see my mother before Hari Raya and I will see her during Hari Raya and I will go see her after Hari Raya....

Never has a flight been so looked forward to...

To all, Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Dzahir dan Batin..... and oh, below are photos at some of us giving away some goodies for orphans and some children from poor families where we are at, Sentuhan Kasih or lebih kuranglah, that was yesterday....




Our host's children giving away some of their very own dolls and toys...


Another scene during the program


Giving away some duit Raya...

A donor with whom must be the cutest recipient. She is 5 years old. And she smiles readily despite all the hardship that she faces very early in life.

Another view of some of the recipients. The little girl looking this way is an orphan. She and her 6-year old twin brother, nearest to camera, and four older siblings live with an uncle. Their mother died giving birth to the twins and their father died soon after. The eldest, a 16 year-old girl, works after school daily, earning about USD 35 a month. We just want to cry when we look at them......

.