Tuesday, November 23, 2004

London Bridge is Falling Down

.

This happened at least 10 years ago, before I was transferred to Kuala Lumpur. We were playing soccer against the petroleum engineering department of another oil and gas company at the KSL soccer field in Lutong. I was playing at my usual position, right back and just next to the field was a drain after which lies a road. And near the maze of roads around the soccer field were houses in which a motley crew of people from customs, police and a few other government agencies and private companies live.

Midway through the game, a rather familiar tune came from a few kids playing on the road. The words stayed with me all these years.

London din din fun din dern
Fun din dern
Fun din dern
London din din fun din dern
My fair lady

I think we lost that day.

.