Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Cruel and Unusual Punishment?

.

I got my own back at a queue jumper today.

I was at the Masjid Jamek Putra LRT station, waiting for a train to KLCC. In one of the doors, two lines of maybe four or five people were formed. OK, I thought, that’s nice and I joined the queue. Then this girl with her friend, just made their way to the middle of the queue as if the rest of us were not there. I called softly out to her and said, nicely, whispering as a matter of fact, "Miss, you should not do that, there's a queue here." She looked at me and just turned away. OK, she didn’t say anything bad or rude or looked at me as if I owed her money but she still jumped queue. I was debating whether to make a big case out of it when the train came and I can tell you, it was packed.....

About six passengers came out, after a bit of jostling here and there, maybe an equal number went in and when the dust settled I ended up just outside the door, the next one to go in should there be any more space. The girl and her friend made it on board and the only reason I could not go into that train was that she and her friend were on it. But, OK, it takes two to tango and I feel like dancing and but let me tell you, I am a bad dancer - I usually step on my partners’ toes. So, accepting her "invitation", I stepped into the train, pushed against her to avoid the closing doors, raised my right hand up and latched on to the bar up there. And she was right underneath my right arm....... There was just enough space, as a matter of fact, the door caught on to my right shoe the first time it closed and it had to reopen and close again. I had to move in a few more inches to save my heel. Lucky heel, unlucky girl. Some people are so lucky. I am talking about myself. I got on the train. I put the other hand into my pocket to keep it out of the way so that there will be no mistaken notion of me raba-raba, eve-teasing, penny-pinching do anything else to anyone at all.

OK, I showered this morning, put on anti-perspirant (made of natural elaments, no added chemicals) and a few dashes of my Calvin Klein Eternity perfume, no less. It is Eternity, isn’t it? I keep confusing it with Infinity. Anyway, but I still do sweat a bit in the morning heat and there she was, right under my arm. I told her. I hope she will never jump queue again. Especially when there is a maniac like me riding the trains. I hope she learned her lesson. Do not jump queues. I could be a lot meaner than I was this morning but she deserved what she got.

Aah, this is going to be a good day. Better get some work done....

.