Thursday, October 14, 2004

Good Girl and Bad Boys

.

This, I have to share. I was on the net recently tidying up my emails, doing some work, staying up late and since these dial-up connections are slow I thought I’d enter one of the chat sites that I used to frequent a bit a few years ago. Hardly have the time and energy to do so anymore.

I am tired of being myself on the chat sites, trying to find someone interesting to chat with could be a chore sometimes so I thought I’d let someone try to chat me up. So I got myself set up with a nice girl’s name and wrote down a few basics for the age, sex and location thing on a piece of paper so that I would get things right and straight every time and dream up a job as a bank teller and waited.

Aiyoyo, I tell you, I didn’t have to wait long. I must have gotten something like thirty guys trying to chat me up within ten minutes and all of them want to do things to me. Could be nasty or nice, depends on which side of the line you are. I told them that they could certainly do what they wanted, to their mama!!! Some kept quiet and left. Some fought back with a lot of words that have got to do with our general condition after a shower. One thing I must get are those 3 numbers, you know, those 38-28-38 or something like that. I was stumped when asked about that. Shoot, I never bothered about my measurements now, so how could I cough up a set of such numbers? Of the opposite sex?

But I finally chatted with two guys. Whenever they got frisky, I warned them to toe the line or else. And they do so obediently like very well behaved puppies. Actually some Malaysian guys can talk la. Not bad actually. They behaved rather well to after they know that I am a squeaky clean “girl”. They asked for phone numbers etcetera etcetera. Cannot la kan? I thought of giving one of the along’s phone numbers that we see everyday everywhere around us but I think if he tries to romance one of the alongs, one of them could end up dead. From a beating or a heart attack, depending on whether it is the along or the horny one. I don’t want that on my conscience. The first guy was quite knowledgable. He knew who wrote The Merchant of Venice. Actually he could be like me, that’s the only literary fact that I know. They asked for things like what I am wearing. Aiyo, so simple, corny, clever or scared. Clever because they are trying again to be funny. Scared because they know that this lovely, cute, interesting, can talk chick could leave them hanging if they try to be fresh. All who tried to chatted me up last night had only one thing on their mind. And it was not Hemingway or Tagore. Aiyoyo, I was an angel when I chatted dulu.

But then I had to leave my suitors for my beauty sleep. I think the next time I am on the line I want to be a 28-year old single doctorate holder in astronomy who loves bungee jumping, rock climbing, the theatre, shops in London or Paris twice a year, does tons and tons of social work and drives a beemer given by a doting father who is so rich he is never clean. Filthy rich, get it?

Aaahh, I found a new drug.

.