Monday, September 26, 2005

Ye Ole' M-48 Tank

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

.

On an M48 Tank. I used to be nuts about most things military. Show me the silhouette of any fighter from that era, let it be F-14 Tomcat, F-15 Eagle or the F-16 Fighting Falcon, I'd be able to recognise them.

Me and my buddy Ah Chong (from school, not from my childhood days) would compare our make believe military hardware during Miss Wong's English lessons. But of course Ah Chong would lose out when he wants to put .50 calibre machine guns on his jet planes.

"Wei, Ah Chong, no one puts .50 calibre guns on airplanes anymorelah. Now it's the M60 Gatling gun, 100 bullets per second, usually 20 mm, not good for the enemy's airplanes...."

And of course we'd go to great lengths to discuss whose planes are better. When no one wants to back down, we go to the guru of aviation, our buddy Red.

.