Monday, September 19, 2005

Spics and Specs Too

.

I met another blogger last Wednesday and I must say that it was such a pleasure meeting a lovely person. Hmmmm, I was humming “There Must Be An Angel Playing with My Heart” all the way home after that, heh heh. But it was tempered by the fact that I was in a rush that night. Left work late, met her and didn’t last till very late as we, me and the family that is, had to be in Genting early Thursday morning.

Things worked out fine over Thursday, Friday and the weekend. In Genting, I had to work and Lina took both of the children up to wherever they were supposed to go while up there (and make Lim Goh Tong richer). Of course the two children had to tuang classes for two days but we got our money’s worth the few days prior to the trip as they would follow every single word we said and everything we asked them to do. Well almost. Kids being kids, they they’d try to sashay their way through and around our words. And being ambitious, they brought some schoolbooks with them. I think they spent exactly seven minutes each on schoolbooks while up there. The rest of the time were spent at the amusement park, the swimming pool, trying to coax their mama to go to the amusement park, again, and also asking when are we coming back to Genting. Half a day into the amusement park, Lina rebelled at the fact that she was tired, hungry and her feet are aching and it’s time the children fulfill her whims and fancies at that particular moment – lunch!! So for about half an hour or so both Nazzim and Sofia played waiter and got their mama her food and drinks and some TLC’s. I wasn’t there, I was at work, talking about things like water depth, porosities, permeabilities, places like Rabat, Fez, Casablanca, Marrakech, the meaning haute mer and a few other words that I’d probably misspell anyway. Started dreaming of the casbah and I definitely have to take steps to make sure that it will not remain a dream, heh heh.

Some people amazes me. I got news of my bonus recently, I told Lina and that’s where the buck stops. Due to some people’s indiscretion, they would tell their spouses and their spouses would tell the whole world about things such as their bonuses and now everyone knows about my bonus. Aiyo, learn to keep your mouth shut lo…… I never worry about your bonus, so why worry about mine? Get a life, bud.....

Saturday morn, off we go to a kenduri and to a barbeque later that night at Lina’s aunt’s, Andek’s, place. But before the barbeque, that evening we had a friendly game of soccer within the compound of Andek’s house and it was a bad decision. Trust me on this one. Never ever ever ever play soccer if you have not played it in, oh well, five years or so. And never try to mark a twelve year-old kid who is a school player. Lina’s cousin, Afiq, is skinny, stands up to just above my elbow, probably weighs a quarter of what I do but he ran circles around me. I had to argentine him, that's a new word I discovered, meaning, pull his shirt, do anything dirty to stop him. It didn't always work. The result of the game was that you’d discover that you have muscles in places that you didn’t know there were muscles. Why? Because they’d be aching like crazy!!!!! My neck aches, my shoulders ache, my thighs ache, my arms ache, my calves ache and many many other parts of my body ache too….. But we won, 10 – 9. I scored two goals and Afiq scored eight.

And today’s Monday….. Oh my Zod, I need a new drug.

.