Monday, July 18, 2005

Uncalled For

.

After dinner Saturday night, the twenty or so of us gathered for a photo session. Red and his camera, you couldn't get any better than that. Of course Red wanted to be in the photo too and since one of the ladies brought two of her daughters, he asked one of them to take the photo. While posing, one of the other ladies commented :

"Lepas ni siapa nak ambil gambar dengan anak Sharifah, lawa tu anak dia..."

And I said, "Ya, siapa nak buat menantu."

But then she came back, "I wasn't thinking about your children I was thinking about you guys!!!"

That comment stumped me. Come on, give us some credit. I might not be a saint or an angel but there is still some civilised and good thoughts left in my body. Many of us are not that bad that we want to sapu anything and everything that moves or on two legs. For heaven's sake, when I commented that one of us might want her daughter as a daughter-in-law, that was the only thing in my mind. I know many of my buddies' children personally and both Lina and I think they are lovely, good-looking and everything in between and they will remain as that - children of good friends.

Come on, give us a break, we didn't deserve that.

.