Thursday, September 22, 2005

Just Before I Go

.

I'll be switching off this PC of mine at work in a few minutes and I'm not sure when it'll be back on after I move to my next place. So I thought I'd take this opportunity to abuse the privilege this early in the morning.

Nazzim wanted to go to school this morning. Lina offered to keep him at home but he said he prefers to go to school. Even Sofia declined to stay home from ugama classes this morning. There is a God after all. Not so fast. Nazzim wanted to go to school and play Scrabble - this week they could bring any game, board or otherwise, to school and I saw a kid toting a carrom board to school yesterday morning. Pictionary and Dominoes were boring, said Nazzim. He brought those to school earlier this week. Well, we played Scrabble last night and all was fine, meaning I was trailing until I managed to post "flying" over a triple word score, giving me 33 points and all hell broke loose. Sofia was upset that I finally got more points than her and Nazzim was fuming because he had his eyes on the same spot with the word "choose". Anyway, it was time for a shower and then Nazzim has got to go mengaji.

Anyone wants Lina as a kid? I have a feeling that parents would love her. I topped up her pre-paid mobile phone last night. She must be the most infrequent user of a mobile phone. We need to spend RM 30 a month on her mobile and she hardly uses her phone at all. Each time we top up her phone, there'll be at least RM 60 worth of credits left. So I make it a personal mission to use up her credits. I reckoned she probably uses about RM 7.60 worth of pre-paid charges every month. Not that I'm complaining... She should learn how to use a phone from the master - the record of thirteen, read my lips, thirteen, hours still stands. I hope she has forgotten about that.

I am looking forward to tomorrow night to meet a classmate whom many of us have not seen in years. I saw him yesterday as yours truly got him the tickets to go up the Skybridge at the Twin Towers. I'm looking forward to seeing him again as I am also looking forward to seeing my other buddies such as rostameffendi and red. I should be there. At our age, our favourite topic is still children. In a bit, it'll be about our ailments.

.