Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Rolling Rolling Rolling, Rawhide

.

I am packing my stuff and am in the throes of moving to my new workstation, one level below. Oh my Zod, I do have a lot of stuff. Boxes and boxes of manuals, files and papers. I have no idea what most of them are. It used to be that I have three times the amount of stuff but a few years ago I just gritted my teeth and threw away anything that I have not seen or do not want to see or do not need within the last six months. It worked, I never missed anything at all. Once I get settled in, it'll be Spring Cleaning Part 2 - The Snow Blower.

Let's hope that the movers don't get hernias moving my stuff. I have have to squat in one of the smaller workstations as the bigger ones are not ready. Ah well, I got to move as if I don't, I can't send the email to the previous assets that I was serving saying that I am no longer with the previous team and hence please please please speak to my replacement (and I could also thumb my nose at them at the same time). I have been wanting to do that for the last three years. Goodbye regional office and hello some other places. I must have been over to the regional office forty times these last three years and the hotel staff :

i. do not swipe my credit card upon check-in.
ii. knows that I prefer standard rooms instead of any suites.
iii. knows that I prefer rooms that face the main road.
iv. knows that I prefer rooms close to the elavators so that I don't tire myself on my way to work, dinner or disco.

You know how it is, they swiped your card because they are afraid that you'd run off without paying for your room. Wei, I curi your bath-tub nanti baru you tau. Please please please give me standard rooms since I hate any part of any place that I am staying that I could not see from my bed. Aiyo, once I stayed in Parkroyal K. Terengganu and all they had was a suite and I could have sworn that it felt like I was sleeping in Angkor Wat. Alone. Usually when that happens, I just say to whoever it may concerned that if you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. It worked so far.

And now the all that is left is the two small cabinets that contains some personal stuff which I will move myself.

Hi ho Silver, and away................

.