Sunday, January 30, 2005

At The Car Wash

.

Red and me went to the nasi dagang party in Taman Tun to celebrate Pok Ku’s blogging success. As usual, someone else did the driving – Red picked me up near the masjid bulat in PJ since I am the second best direction finder in the world, all the rest are tied for number one, and off we went. I know how to get in and out of Taman Tun but that’s it.

Well, the location was classical I think. Where we had dinner, the place had a banner atop it that proudly proclaimed that you could have your car washed, vacuumed and polished there. Red would probably put up a photo of the place in his blog.

Other than Red, there is someone I already know, Mokciknab’s sister. So we were not that totally alone. But all the same, we ended up at a table far from others and when Mokciknab asked us why, my answer was straight and true.

“Teruna timur, pemalu”

Ya, sure. At least I thought it was funny. Yeah, I laugh at my own jokes. I do that sometimes.

And I became famouslah. A long time ago, a friend told me that she went to a studio and saw Robert de Niro and de Niro saw her too. So that makes her famous. Using the same corollary, being seen by someone famous makes one famous. Or something like that lah. So, a few famous people saw me and I’m famous. You make sense out of that. There was one more famous person but since that person did not want to be acknowledged that night, I’ll bide by the request. But then, why not? We are among friends I presume.

Mokciknab was concerned about the food. The food was fine and the company was finer. Try listening to Pak Adib and Pok Ku talking about Latin Quarters, theatre, religion, old war stories and books. I feel so small.

Well, from now on I have an additional task - I will read Fatin’s blog regularly, I have a vested interest and I could relate to her stories more as I have met her.

That was a Saturday night well spent. Thanks Mokciknab and Pok Ku for the lovely time. About the only thing I forgot to ask was where was the tin Milo?

.