Friday, December 17, 2004

Unless The House Is On Fire

.

One of the best advice I have ever heard is this :

Do not shout at each other unless the house is on fire.

That is a good piece of advice, I reckon. I heard it at my cousin’s wedding about 20 years ago. Whenever possible, I’d dish it out at any other relatives’ weddings that I attend. I guess it does make sense.

A typical conversation that obeys the law could go like this :

“SAYANG!!!”

“YES PUMPKIN?!!!”

“THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!! I THINK WE BETTER GET OUT NOW!!!”

“I THINK SO TOO!!!”

“OK, LET’S GO!!!”

“OK, RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!”

“SAYANG?!!!”

“YES CUPCAKE?!!!”

“I LOVE YOU!!!”

“I LOVE YOU TOO!!!”

Stove fires and cigarette lighters do not count. Put too many technicalities and it will ruin the spirit of the advice.

Another piece of good advice, be the first to apologize if one of you cries. Fifteen years too late for me, that one.

.