Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Bits and Pieces

.

It has been a week since I wrote anything. Nothing much has happened since then. My birthday came and went. The kids were too busy enjoying themselves in Pangkor to really really get excited about my birthday like they usually do but everyone did remember eventually. Some others too, that surprised me. Spent most of the time in Pangkor on the beach helping Nazzim, Sofia and their cousin catching crabs, then let them go, then caught them again and let them go again. I must be missing something there. On the second day I underestimated the power of sun and got sunburned all over. Try wearing just a spandex and spend a day at the beach. Ouch. Couple with forgetting to drink lots of water, blazing air-con and I got rashes all over (maybe from being too long in the sea too) and I didn’t feel too well soon after but the usual remedy of chugging down tons and tons of water worked well and I was fine the next day.

The only thing bad about it was there was no golf but then it was a holiday for the kids. God, I never knew that you could bring so much sand into the room, the bed, the bath tub and the shower when there seemed to be none when we left the beach. Snorkeling was fun but at the first location there were serious thoughts that both me and my biras could not reach the boat after we went out in search of the fish. Paddle, swim or chug as we might, the boat never seemed to get any nearer, I swear. Thank goodness for life jackets. But then we did have the option (an absolutely last resort actually) of calling the boat over to pick us up but that would have been embarrassing to say the least. At least I am a certified non-swimmer (there is such a thing!!) but I thought my biras could swim…… I was very close to knowing how to swim but then my swimming instructor got pregnant.

An update on my relative who is going through divorce, now that they have gone to court, the wife says that she does not want a divorce. Pity, some things that have been said previously really really put down her husband and from what I heard, he’s had enough. The biggest losers, the kids. To top things up, they had a discussion between the pair and their parent(s) and Lina’s name came up, on some things she purportedly said. She blew her top and no amount of patching or mending could ever pacify her. Bye bye relative. Hello ex-someone. Big mistake, ex-relative, please do not mess with Lina, I should know, I’ve been married to her for 15 years.

Can’t wait to play golf again, especially now that I think I have improved. Slow back swing and slow down swing, heh heh. I wish it was that simple. Is golf an overrated game? I guess it is, maybe it is a subject for discussion later in this blogsite. But one thing that I have noticed, some people are crazy about golf while others are crazy about fishing, big bikes or bowling. There’s not much difference really. Having written all this, thus I will be regarded as a traitor by the golfing fraternity. Ah well, as long as they still let me play. Lucky thing Lina lets me play all the golf I want.

Ah well, a game in sight this weekend, goofing on the job to write this piece, planning to vamoose from office the moment the clock strikes five today and running out of money with 2 weeks to go before payday, I’ve got no complains. Would you?

.