Thursday, January 06, 2005

Need More Money

.

Have you taken a look at your expenses lately? Just this morning, I spent RM 7.90 on toll charges, parking and breakfast. I spent RM 34.60 yesterday, on nothing. By the end of today, I would probably spend the same amount too. It would be more if I were to pay the bills, i.e. phone, water, electricity, the TV, sewerage, municipal taxes and district taxes. Add groceries, gas for the cars, here, there, this, that, knick, knack, a pick and a pack, this lesson, that lesson and a quick calculation shows that my monthly “must” expenditure is about………. Oh my Zod, that sounds like a monthly salary. It is a monthly salary.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…………………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the Abba song :

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...

Hmm…., got to find me a rich man. No, that won’t work. No one would want me. I could chop off anything, anything at all but if any guy takes a fancy, it’s time to put him to sleep.

Rob a bank? No, I’d get caught.

Cheat? No, not good at that. Furthermore, no access to lots of money.

Marry a rich widow? An option, but I don’t have the time to find one and don't know how to woo one. Hmmmm……, maybe my old exterminator buddy, Radarman could help.

Sell insurance? Not good at that either. And too much hard work.

Sell those mutual fund things. Not good at that either. And too much hard work too.

Join a MLM outfit. Don’t have the savvy talk (You are a dynamic person and I know that you have it in you to buy that waterfront property in Perth). Perth? I’ll settle for any body of water here.

Eh, this one sounds like Amway only? Eh, Amway aaa? Why change to Network 21? He never answered the question.

Beg. Can’t do that.

Steal. What?

Borrow. Have to pay back.

Sell things that do not belong to me. That might work. They, after all, have managed to “sell” the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty and even the Empire State Building. This is good. But what? There are the Twin Towers. Genting is good. Oh, that gives me an idea….

Gamble and win in Genting. I could get in, change my name, fake the accent and go play and win. Fake IC’s are easy to get, ask your maids, they’d know. Hey, that gives me another idea…..

Singapore wants to set up their own gambling outfit on the island (they say Lee Kuan Yew is having daily fits seeing all the Singaporeans and their money making a beeline for Genting) and they might be interested in Genting. Ready-made, turnkey. Buy it, chop it off and sail it off down south. But then, they might just take it, like Pulau Batu Putih. But then I don’t make any money. No no no, cannot…..

Aaaaah……, living this thing called life. You need money, money and more money.

.