Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Reunion of the OK OK Folks

Well, the reunion was over and done with and it went on very well. It was done with twenty people showing up in mind but thirty-seven came and for something that was planned quickly over the phone and over the net, it was a success. When I go for these reunions, I set my target at the lowest level, to meet some friends whom I haven't met since God knows when. That's all and I have yet to be dissappointed.

Naturally, people change and there are some of the guys whom I could not recognise. As for the ladies, I could only recognise one of them. And of course the old stories, tales and fables were told and retold. A few have passed on and two who were a couple then and married each other have gone their separate ways. It's a pity, they were such an item and a loving couple then but when things happened, they happened.

So, as of today, if I want some help in getting a job in the engineering section of Malaysia Airlines, a very attractive discount if I want to buy land, to build a factory or two or to participate in tenders to extend KLIA (not very big, just a few hundred million ringgits' worth) I have avenues to do so, heh heh heh.

Reunions happen because there are a people who would still come. I have known some of my friends since I was twelve. It is simply the pleasure of their company. The organiser mentioned that someone asked her to take them off the mailing list. I had one guy like that and the reason that he didn't want to meet old friends was that he was afraid, and jealous, that they are more successful than him (he is a graduate with a good job). So I told him it would be better for him to stay away then, because there would be very few people like him, most are more successful than him. And the thing is, I did not even have to lie.

I am happy to have rich and successful friends and I have yet to ask for a single sen from them. Well, that's a lie actually, they have after all, belanja me during a few teh tarik sessions. That's life, rich friends and teh tarik, ha ha.