Monday, June 07, 2004

Motley Monday Matters

Mondays. Aagh...........!!! The alarm went off at 6.00 am this morning. I switched it off. It went off again 6 minutes later. And then 6 minutes later and a further 6 minutes later. After the fifth or sixth time, I simply had to wake up.

Another long weekend gone. Yes, a long weekend for us, we had Friday off on the virtue that Saturday is a public holiday. I love the outfit I'm working four. Thursday night was heavenly. Was home by 7.00 pm and we were at the theatre by 8.30 pm, a quick dinner for the kids and it's Shrek 2 time!!! No, no dinner for me. I had three slices of bread at home and that had to be enough. You see, I have to reduce this already ramping pinggang of mine. Last week at the clinic I weighed in at 98 kg!!! I told the nurse that her scale was faulty. Try the other one, she said. I did. It was faulty too. Missy, you have two faulty scales in your clinic. Based on my height, I am overweight by 23 kg. Yes, by 23 kg, only. So for the last week or so, it has been bread for dinner. And on Friday, the scale read 97.5 kg. If it is possible to fall in love with an inanimate object, I would have fallen in love with that scale that day. With both of them. Aaaah..., gone were the days when I was courting, that was, gosh, 29 kg and 6 inches ago!! At the waist, OK? Never mind, now that I have taken the challenge, let's see if I can go back to my heydays, the days of tipping the scale at 68 kg and 28 in pants sizes. The most I could do is fail miserably....... Anyway, the movie was nice. The part I love best was the Spanish-accented Puss In Boots. The children loved it (Papa, can we buy the CD?) And that is all that matters.

Then the weekend was gone. What we need is an elixir or concoction that makes weekends goes by very very slowly.