Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Another Day and Another Day in Bangkok

.

The last ten days must have been the fastest ten days ever in the history of mankind. By taking seven days worth of leave and taking into consideration travelling time, I had eight full days of being home. Had. At the end of last Sunday, I casually mentioned it to Lina that I have spent the first of my eight days and I've got seven more to go.

"Hush, don't even mention it. It'll only go faster", she said.

It did, no matter what we did. It was a whirlwind of sending Sofia to school daily for the extra classes that her school is having. Trying to run other errands. Straighten things around the house. Do things we identified to be done months ago. Celebrated Sofia's birthday. She's twelve this year. And a handful for Lina. They spar everyday. But there can only be one winner. But in many instances, the are doing OK. Lina wants to have a good relationship with Sofia. I can't have that with Sofia - not when she's got me wrapped around her fingers. Well at times. OK, maybe a little bit more than that but that's it.

God, the day room at Suvarnabhumi is ridiculous!!! USD 165 for eight hours!!! It was that or Novotel, which entailed the trek through immigrations, get my bags etc. Had there been another person with me, I'd go for it. But then, it was enough for a good sleep while waiting for my flight this morning. As usual, without fail, the flight here have its share of important people - people who can't wait to leave the plane, whose phones started beeping the second the plane touched down and those who thinks Bangkok will run away if they are not the first to disembark. Ha ha, that reminds me of an anecdote my sister-in-law told me when she was a cabin crew,

"I'm a doctor, can I have a Coca-Cola?"

You figure it out. If you can figure out where the thirsty doctor is from, I'll give you a souvenir from Bangkok. Something small. Something from Bangkoklah...

It has been 4 years since I started blogging. Here's to you Red.

Oh, on 9 and 10 June, I'll be in Copenhagen for a series of meetings with the owners of the tankers that we are using now. Maybe we'll get to cut down a few bucks of their daily rates so that we could pay for that trip. It should be a cinch. I have never been there. It should be good.

Right, there is a bunch of people around me having breakfast, I presume. At least half of the population of the Indian sub-continent is at this airport this morning - and they are all around me. I feel like having some kari kepala ikan lah. We know that is not possible anywhere except home.

Got to go now. Got me some drugs the good doctor gave me for my blood pressure, hahahaha... No, just when I need it. A few more years, just a few more years...

.