Saturday, December 22, 2007

Aidil Adha and The Black King

Besim, the butcher's son...
Islam, the butcher's apprentice, with Arslan the butcher working on the kurban...

Garahan - Black King, of thge local Alabai breed. Yes, the butcher rear dogs.


.

It has been a long since I am away from the family during any festive season. Well, this year’s Hari Raya Qurban was celebrated far away from the family.

I try not to think about it because thinking about it will make me think about it and thinking about it is no good since I could not do anything about it. Well, that was a mouthful. Someone has to mind the shop. I do have a guy who just recently reported for duty but since he is new to the area, it might be wise not to let him be here alone. He seems OK and able to handle himself here. And there is the other thing about my boss saying that I must get that lifting agreement that was supposed to expire at the end of this month, be renewed. Great……

Anyway, early morning Aidil Adha found me walking to the masjid, which is about ten minutes away. One thing about this place is that everything is short. The solat terawihs were short. The khutbahs are short. The solat Aidil Adha was short. Right after the solat, we went to the office for our makan-makan. Heavenly, the ones who have their spouses with them here brought nasi himpit, kuah kacang, beef rending, roti jala and we who are singles here brought nada. Our peruts maybe.

Then we went to the house of Arslan the Butcher to kurban 3 cows and 3 sheep.
Well, I think I leave the photos to do the talking……
.