Friday, September 21, 2007

Intermission

.

Starry starry night....

The photo above personifies one thing - things that I wish I could do and have done more. That is somewhere at Taman Tasik Permaisuri on the morning of Sunday, 3rd September 2006. I know, the date says it's the next day but the camera was wrong. I am right. And what's more, that was a few days before we got to know that Nazzim will be going off to boarding school.
I am simply tired. I am trying to tie off loose ends so that I could leave and take up my new assignment. Then it dawned on me that things at this end of the line will never ever end, taper off or stop so I might as well use up all the strings that I have, tie off as much as I could and when there is a slight pause, jump on to the next ship.....
I am tired of becoming a VU graph engineer. I am tired of being told my presentation materials are dry and do not have enough meat. I don't care, I do not want to attend a 1 week course that teaches you to prepare stunning VU graphs.
Thay have courses like that?????!!!??
It seemed that they do. It seemed that you could be the lousiest anything in the world but if you could do the most amazing presentation materials, people, especially the bosses would simply love you and give you an all encompassing title - planner.
I have been declining invitations, well, 3 actually, not that I have to fight off a swarm of owls (read Harry Pottah) but the one time I berbuka outside, I felt so lonely without Lina, Nazzim and Sofia. That's it, eat at home all the time. And oh, Nazzim is enjoying his time sick at home, well, not enjoying that much because he has been sick and he was quite listless until Wednesday night after which I went to see my mother and brother, consulted with them, gave them some pengeras each, went home, got hold of Nazzim, "kus semangat etc. etc." and asapkan dia kemenyan and kelilingkan dia kemenyan and lo and behold, he was a much chirpier version of one of the dwarfs (remember? Grumpy? the grumpy part, not the short part) yesterday. Whatever it takes.
I need a new drug...
.