Sunday, November 20, 2005

Another Week In The Life Of Siapa, Huh?

.

Another week has gone by and we are nearly at the end of Shawal. Nazzim got his 5A's in the UPSR exams and I am poorer by RM 500 as that was what I had promised him. That's what Lina said too but I can't recall doing so. Can't blame me, that automatic defense mechanism kicked in when the RM 500 was mentioned. He is as happy as one could ever be but I hope it won't go to his head. I keep telling him that some people will keep telling him that he is smart and clever just to throw him off. He's smart now, yes, two months ago too but try to be smart and clever too during SPM when he is seventeen and definitely when he is eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three right up until twenty-seven or twenty-eight because that is when it really matters. After that he would have had a wife so it doesn’t really matter. That last part was a joke, heh heh. Good one eh?

I see that Australia has qualified for the World Cup. Good for them. I’ll take the Aussies over any South American team, except the Brazilians, any day. To me, most of the other South American teams, ESPECIALLY Argentina, personify dirty football. A World Cup is a good World Cup as long as any other team wins. Except Argentina. Sorry you pampas lovers but you have to face the truth sometimes. A typical Argentine footballer will grimace when a single drop of an opponent’s sweat touches him and notice how each and every single one of them will raise their hands feigning innocence after they have kicked, stepped or elbowed their opponents. They are so far below the Brazilians that even if the Brazilian players have smelly feet, they could not even smell it. I am no fan of English football and Beckham but I was for rooting them when they beat El Stinko recently. Shoot, how can you be good when you have to cheat (Hand of El Blimpo) to win the World Cup? But there is something I like about Argentina, such as, such as, such as…….. it’ll come to me later, I’m sure it will.

Aaaah, life could be good sometimes. I had the pleasure of meeting three very lovely ladies, Nora, Farah and Arina during a business session last Tuesday. I met Nora and Farah again a few days later and they confessed that when they first saw me, they were very very unsure as (I get this a lot) I looked "garang". Fierce, that is. Must be the moustache. Lina has forbidden me to shave the moustache. But then after the usual wheeling and dealing, it turned out that I was "OK" (whatever that means) and I don't eat people for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

"Eh, tak kan nak menyengih tak tentu pasal?"

"Ye la, tapi kalau you tak senyum, layu bunga tau?", one of them piped in. Or something like that.

OK OK, I promised to smile and smile and smile the next time I meet them. Make it soon huh? Working with such lovely people makes you rue the fact that we only work nine to five. Heh, heh.... Wei, Red, Rostam, I'm a nice guy kan?

Wait, wait, now I remember one, Gabriella Sabatini. She's a doll, don't you think so?

.