Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Notting Hill

.

I saw Notting Hill again over the weekend. Don’t ask me why but I enjoy watching the movie. Each and every time. I’m no big fan of Julia Roberts. I’m no big fan of Hugh Grant either but somehow both of them clicked in the movie. I enjoyed Four Weddings and A Funeral too, I thought that Grant acted well in the movie but that was that.

Maybe my life has got nothing in common in the movie, maybe that’s why. Well, no movie star has fallen for me but I was not looking for that. I’ve got my movie star, plus throw in Nazzim and Sofia and I’ve got all the reasons I need to exist.

I can’t say that I’ve been to Portabello Road either. I must confess that I did not know the existence of that road before watching the movie. Maybe it’s Grant’s seemingly innocent and harmless character in the movie. Maybe it is his friends – none of them are world beaters and some of us might identify with that. Or the seemingly simple life that they lead in the most metropolitan of all metropolitan cities in the world.

My criteria for watching a movie is simple. As long as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chuck Norris, Jean Claude van Damme, Sylvester Stallone and Steven Seagall are not in the movie, there is a chance that I might watch it.

If the movie has Kate Hudson, Ashley Judd or Julia Ormond in it, I’ll surely watch it. The good movies have their excellent dialogue. I remember watching An American Quilt a few years ago on a flight and before I knew it, two hours passed by so quickly.

I’ll watch the movie again surely. A movie star might never fall for me but I’ll enjoy the movies all the same.

.