Sunday, April 24, 2005

Another Friday Night of Keeping in and Out of touch

.



Another weekend down the drain. I left the office early on Friday to baby sit Nazzim at his English class at the music school. Typical Friday, either I leave at 5 pm sharp or at 7 pm. As usual, the magazines, papers and chatting with James made the two hours went by very fast. Went home, had a quick shower and a quick bite and out I went again.

Aaaah, five of us turned up at Sunway for bowling that night. Which was good. And my thumb got swollen as usual, just nice to fit into the enlarged hole. A few more games before the digit gets used to the trauma. Some improvement in my game but the best thing is that both Rano and ex-Joe Sewel played much much better than me. So this year no more being the ayam tambatan (which I never really fulfilled). Somehow the lanes were not as packed as I thought it would be. Probably due to the fact that many people took the opportunity to take Friday off after the Maulud Nabi holiday on Thursday to balik kampung and the next day being a working Saturday for the government sector.

Ah well, bowling is causing so much havoc to my golf swing. Just like tennis players should never play badminton. But then my golf has always been lousy so it’s just a matter of turning worse. I’ll get it back to lousy in no time at all. Two more weeks before Nazzim is finished with his workshop and I can have my Saturday mornings back.

My ranting in my previous blog stays. This has been our dilemma, how to keep in touch with our friends. Chatting with Red while I bowled, we reached the consensus that there is absolutely nothing we could do to gather our friends except offer them free lodgings and food at a resort somewhere. Free meals don’t work no more. We agree to do that when we become filthy rich. We’ll take turns, me and him. Till then, we’ll just bitch about it and keep on seeing the same old but good to see faces.

Ah well, if they enjoy seeing me half as much as I enjoy seeing them, what me worry eh?

.