Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Happiness

.

To Sofia, happiness is when I take the day off from work. It goes without saying that my off day will start by sending her to ugama school. She'd make me promise that I'd pick her up too. That usually means that she'd chuck her bag into the car, say something about going to the shop, runs off and comes back with junk food. The same thing with her sekolah kebangsaan. I'd have carry her heavy bag for her up the steps to her school and at the top, she'd kiss me goodbye before she heads for her class. And her standard instruction would be not to use the car when picking her up, she prefers to walk home. Which would also means she'd get to buy yogurt. She can't do that if we use the car, we don't pass by the spot where the yogurt is being sold.

It amazes me that I am able to make her day just by sending and picking her up from school. Lina sounds a bit jealous though, she has to do it most of the time but she too finds it incredible that I could just waltz in and make going to school fun. Papa the chaffeur is preferable over Mama. I'll take whatever I could get her now, before she becomes embarassed to be seen with her dad.

Ah well, life is so kind sometimes.

.