Friday, April 22, 2005

To Beg Or Not To Beg.

.

Last Saturday night (till Sunday morning), I was with Red, Wak and RAZ in Subang Jaya catching up on the news. We got on to the subject of our bowling team for this year’s tournament. How difficult it is to get people to play. Some have not been answering their phones. Some have done the disappearing act. Some are just plain jual mahal. And a swollen thumb from last Friday’s practise session didn’t help my mood either.

“Red, we just go with the ones we have. Me, ex-Joe Sewel, Rano and Wak. The rest, I don't know. I don’t want to beg. It’s against my religion to beg.”

“Recently I made the mistake of taking an interest in someone for a certain activity. This person macam jual mahal. Bukan macam jual mahal, memang jual mahal. Sell expensive. So I said f_ck it......”

“My heart can’t take it.”

Sometimes we chase after people who are not interested, who wants us to beg, to baby them.

“Don’t have the time la…..”

“If I put such effort in chasing a girl, at least I’d have a girlfriend by the end of the day.”

Hmmm…, a girlfriend by the end of the day. Shoot, with the amount of pursuings I have done on these guys and gals these last two decades for whatever activities that we wanted to do, that’s a lot of girlfriends.

Tonight, I have booked two lanes at Sunway Megalanes. I have told quite a few to come and practise. Let's see who shows up.

Hmmm..... if tonight's practise session fails, maybe I should put the effort in chasing girls.

.