Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Of Handome Gwailos and Worried Locals

.

In the papers these last few days and on the radio this morning there were some news and discussions on good looking, "handsome" foreigners coming to work in Malaysia and should Malaysian men feel threatened by these Bollywood stars look alikes.

Yeah, right. But having said that, these things do happen. Some of these "handsome" devils could and would sweep off some local lasses off their feet with their looks, causing havoc to the local families involved. I hope no one close to me pulls that stunt. Fall for someone from Kangar. Fall for someone from Kota Bharu. Fall for someone from Johor Bharu but please, please, I don't think I want to "menyalang" to Dhaka......

If any Malaysian women plans to marry these "handsome" foreigners, please do but just be ready to follow them back to Dhaka, Chittagong, Lahore or Karachi. Somehow, it does not sound the same like following your husband as he goes back to his hometown of London, Paris or New York. Yes, yes, I sound biased, I am biased and I do think those latter three are more desirable than the former four. But then please do anything you want to and marry a person of your choice.

On the other hand, I have heard some guys who specifically ask for ugly maids. Note, it's the guys who asked for it, not their wives. I think they know what their thresholds are, when it comes to a pretty person of the opposite sex. When he becomes "bertanduk" etc. "Tanduk" is what buffaloes, rhinos and cows have on their heads so you figure out what "bertanduk" is.

Sometimes the news that we get over the media is no news at all.

I need a new drug.

.