Monday, August 09, 2004

Diving Midwife and Other Tales

Somehow we did not do as well as we had hoped. Got to do some post mortem on our performance. Did a post mortem on our performance.

Simply, we are lousy bowlers, ekekekekekeke….!!! Sorry if that scared you, took that right out of the emails going around in the e-group. OK, I promise I won't do that again. Right, we are lousy bowlers. Maybe too, it was because of our repeated visits to the smoking room or maybe it was the hotdogs. No, that was after the game. Right, a classic case of trying to blame something or someone else, ek….., sorry nearly did that shrieking thingy again.

I started the day right, I think, impatient to pick up Sofia from her Jawi class. Shoot, her mama, her brother and herself beat me to it - they left the house before I did. Went to school to pick up the five Budi students and after a few words of wisdom from “I-can’t-join-you-guys-this-year” Penghulu Wak Tam, we set off for the Sunway Megalanes. Lunch was a healthy meal at KFC with the Budi students. As healthy as fried chicken could be. Nothing was wasted, I can tell you that. Have lunch with five teenagers and see food disappear. Like magic.

Last year, our ayam tambatan (moi) became ayam goreng (moi too) and this year another cornerstone of our team simply could not make it. So Sabri became our Bidan Terjun. Bidan Terhojun. Diving Midwife. Last minute replacement. Team saver. Call it whatever you like. Though he was like a bad girl (he went everywhere…) at least he was there and hey, a hand that is willing to throw the ball is better than one that is not. Somehow, that sounded better in my head, I swear. Scout’s honour……. At least no one person pulled the team’s score down, like what happened last year (see the part where I wrote about the ayam goreng above). And like right out of some P. Ramlee movie, the prizes for the winners went something like this – RM 100 and 100,000 Rupiahs, RM 100 and 5 Pounds and RM 100 and 1,000 Dinars.

Thanks to Liwau for organizing and I heard Che Na also helped in the hard work. Again, Liwau, next year we’ll book all 48 lanes ya? Next year we will have a team shirt, that’s for sure. Hey, maybe that’s it!! Maybe that’s why we didn’t do well. No team shirt!! OK, doggone it, we’ll have one next year. After all, we have the most commercial name among all the teams, ha!!! I mean you just say Cap Beruang and visions of us appear right before your eyes, doesn’t it? Could be scary ya? Come on, don’t lie, it’s not nice. Whoops, someone’s pants is on fire……..

Next year too, watch out you guys. Too bad I only met Calvin last week but by this time next year, it would have been a year and then some since Mr. unKline imparted a few tips to me and a lot of things, good things especially, can happen in a year’s time. That was what I said last year but then that is the most wonderful thing isn’t it? Next year people, you simply watch out, muerekekekekekek….!!! Oh, it’s a different one, I kept my promise, didn’t I? Hope I didn’t scare you too.