Monday, April 05, 2010

Pseudo Lina

.

A few months ago when we visited Nazzim at his school, I met two ex-schoolmates. So naturally I introduced them to Lina. Somehow I got the notion that something was not right, they were too rigid, for the lack of a better word. But I really thought nothing of it then.

A few minutes later I heard someone calling out my name - slowly.

"Psssttt Eh H, tu your wife ke? Lain lah.", one of them piped out.

"Yalah, I thought so to....." said the other one.

"You gals have met her kan, over at my house dulu?"

"Ya lah, that's why, that's why I said she looked different, that's why I wasn't so sure....."

"Ya lah..."

"Wei, mana adalah, tu sorang aje lah, mana ada I arak orang lain dengan I, tulah wife I sorang...."

"Lain lah...."

"Ya lah, lain lah..."

"Dah, jangan macam-macam, mana ade..........."

No, I have been married to only one person - that's Lina.

No, I have not been entertaining any notions of having more.

No, I have not thought of it.

I might need a new drug but nothing else.

Ha!!!

.