Thursday, March 18, 2010

Running Bull

.

I have started jogging, well more like brisk walk mostly, around the KLCC Park a few times a week over the last 2 or 3 months. One lap around that place is about 1.3 km and I try to do at least 3 laps and once in a while I'd manage to sneak in that extra lap.

I'd walk briskly most of the time and break into a slow jog after a lap or so and happiness is being able to jog non-stop for at least one lap and delirium is when I managed to jog 2 laps non-stop. So far I have managed delirious once, once, once.

Bad news is during the performance appraisal cycle recently where I could not even squeeze a session in 2 weeks!!! I'm back to square one this week. After each run, my feet hurts, my ankles hurt, my thighs hurt but it is still possible to feel good. I'm doing about 14 minutes a lap if I am walking and when I jog, I'd manage to whittle it down to about 10 or 11 minutes and it is my fervent wish to break the 10-minute barrier. Help me please, Dr. Bannister......

I kinda hate, well, not hate, more like envy, those who would breeze past me like they are on steroids and I keep telling myself, one day, one day, one day I will do that, and run four laps non-stop!!! Most are thin bordering on anorexic but some are pretty normal. Some move in a funny way, some are your normal run of the mill runners and some are just show offs, boooooooooooooooooooooo.............. You just wait, you show offs. There are some cute ones too. I swear they are not the reasons I jog, scout's honour. I wonder if I am funny, normal or show off, no, defintely not a show off.

I thought of joining a gym but let me run first and we think about being Mr. Wonderful later on.

Ugh, I need a new drug...

.