Sunday, November 01, 2009

This Point in Time

.

One of the hazards of working back home is that my time is not entirely mine. I have kenduris to go to, one last weekend and another one today. Weddings to go to, two tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

But then there are also friends to meet, had teh tarik with Wak last night. That counts as my time, that is after I picked up Sofia from tuition and sent her home. Same with Wak too, he had to pick up and send his daughter Amirah home. We finally met just after 11 pm last night.

I have started jogging a bit but this week I was so busy with the staff's midyear performance review that I simply had no time for it. No good. I managed to do so twice last week, once a week for the preceeding 2 weeks, around KLCC Park. It felt good. I remember thinking, through the pain and blurriness, like the doughnut man, again, only I was saying got to run, got to run, instead of got to make the doughnuts, got to make the doughnuts.......

Midyear performance review. The problem with that is, when I have to do it for my subordinates, it could not be a cincai job. Mine cincai OK, but not for the guys and gals. Do, redo, do, redo, review. And do it again and again. For the year end, multiply the intensity by five. Then all of us will just wilt and die. Effort, time, emotions. Just like falling in love.

On a more fairy taley side of things, if there is ever such a phrase, two people whom I know, who knew each other from many many years ago, went their separate ways, then reconnected, might be tying the knot soon. Romantic isn't it? And I had a big part in it - I was the reason they met each other again, three weeks ago. And now they are trying to set a date to tie the knot. Wah, fast one mahhhh.... Strange how a piece of clothing could result in a wedding. Aaaahhhh..... didn't Voltaire himslef said, that love is the ultimate and most wonderful form of madness? Each and everyone of us is a candidate for the casa de loco then. Ah well, good deed done there.

Life, ready or not, here I come.....

And oh, I am not trying to change the world, only the parts that brushes against me.


I Like. Hopefully soon.

.