Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Some Things I Will Never Be....

.

Some things I will never be :

A billionaire.
Emak’s favorite.

Some things Lina will never be :

A billionairess.
Mama’s favorite.

Hahahahahahaha……… funny lah you ni H.

One day, during a kenduri at her house, while getting the house, the stuff, the food, the drinks, the everything ready for the kenduri, my Mak Lang (to differentiate from Lina’s Mak Lang), while talking talking talking to Lina, eventually said,

“………..yo lah, H tu kesayangan omak (my mother) kau kan?”

“Huh? H tu kesayangan omak? Mak Lang, H bukan kesayangan omak”,
Lina said.

She pondered for a while, and laughed, “Ha ha ha, yo tak yo jugak kan, H tu bukan kesayangan omak kau, ha ha.”

I am not emak’s favorite. Neither was I my late father’s favorite. I have no qualms about that. I maybe seventh out of eight, ya, that’s it, seventh out of eight for I think my Abang Usop is the least favorite, hahahahahahahahahaha…… but he goes on living his life, as I would mine. We learn as we go through life, our skin gets thicker. Some things hurt us, some things do not. Some things do not hurt us anymore. Some things matter, some things do not matter and some things do not matter anymore.

Being emak’s favorite, that’ll be the day.

These are my favorites.....

.