Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Cinta



Nazzim keeping Cinta occupied.
.

I have found Cinta. Yes, Cinta. Not cinta as in jatuh cinta but Cinta the person.

Cinta is my eldest sister's granddaughter. Her full name is Cinta Reana. She will be 7 years old this year but last week was the first time I met her. I still remember the days when I would send her father to school, when he was only a few years older than her. She loves to sing, especially the song "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini".

On one of the nights when all of us just sat down talking to each other, Cinta was sitting on my lap, I told her,

"Your Papa used to sit on my lap just like what you are doing now..........."

Her Papa, my nephew, smiled as she creased her brow, stretching her comprehension, as she tried to imagine her Papa sitting on my lap.

She calls me "Andong -----". I like it. We used to call our maternal grandfather that. So my sister is Andong Ibu, my brother-in-law is Andong Ayah etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I found Cinta... No drug in the world could replace that.

.