Monday, October 09, 2006

Life in the Fasting Lane - The Upteenth Part

.

Fasting month is back again. Sing it to the tune of Happy Days….

I am sure I have mentioned this before but I am not orang yang paling kuat puasa dalam dunia. Ada apaa sikit aje, adeh, lotih.……

Sofia seemed to follow me a bit. Over the years she had asked to buka at 9 am, 10 am, 12 noon, 1 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm and 7 pm. 7 pm pun ada???? Bertuah punya anak….

My earliest memories of fasting must have been when I was about seven years old. Emak was baking some kuih Hari Raya and my brother Sharaff was about ten months old or so, for he just started knowing how to walk. There was my mother taking the kuihs out of the oven and putting them into those milk tins. She asked me to give some to my brother and I took one of them tins and started feeding him them kuihs, one at a time. Somehow in between feeding him, I took a few myself and I think it was after the fourth or fifth piece of kuih did I realized that I was fasting. You’d think that I did that on purpose but kuih Raya makes you thirsty!!! I tell you, I’d rather ter-accident terminum air dari termakan kuih raya…. Not guilty.

The next time, if anyone ter-accident anything, you can bet that it is cold, red (siraplah tu!!) and lots of it!!!!

.